Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help building a new PC

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Just thought I would throw this up to help out any way looking to build a new PC. This was distributed on the cover DVD of the latest PC User and makes life a whole lot simpler. You simply install the program and run it, then from the drop down box select what the computer will mainly be used for and then using the slider set how much you want to spend.

Keep in mind most of the prices are RRP, so you will spend less if you shop around. Also while I don't agree with all of the setup's it is a good starting point.

Attachments

• Perfect PC.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 539

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
looks useful. would be good if i could disable options though. so i could tell it i dont need a monitor, hard drive, etc

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
looks useful. would be good if i could disable options though. so i could tell it i dont need a monitor, hard drive, etc
Yeah that was a pain, at least it gives you an itemised costing so you can subtract the cost from the total.

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
Any chance the source code is available??
I like the concept of the program, but being able to swap it around for parts i can source at the price i can get, would be heaps better.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Any chance the source code is available??
I like the concept of the program, but being able to swap it around for parts i can source at the price i can get, would be heaps better.
Some how I doubt they would release it:p
Apparently it will be updated each month, so at least the pricing will stay some what current. As an example though the Intel E8500 is listed at $330 within the program yet you can get it from MSY for $216.

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
Some how I doubt they would release it:p
Apparently it will be updated each month, so at least the pricing will stay some what current. As an example though the Intel E8500 is listed at $330 within the program yet you can get it from MSY for $216.

Haha yeah, no one ever wants to share their hard work these days lol.
THOUGH.... could give it to customers and get them to build, then just rep in the profits with the price differences.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Haha yeah, no one ever wants to share their hard work these days lol.
THOUGH.... could give it to customers and get them to build, then just rep in the profits with the price differences.
CHA CHING!!!

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
How realistic are prices? Would it be easy to find these parts for the prices stated? If so I could have a much better computer than I thought for the prices stated. Great little program BTW.

arrow224

Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
Urgh, I dislike the 500W generic PSU suggestion. It is a good idea to go for a brand name that is trusted, like Enermax, Antec, or Corsair.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Urgh, I dislike the 500W generic PSU suggestion. It is a good idea to go for a brand name that is trusted, like Enermax, Antec, or Corsair.

500W wouldn't be enough for any decent video acceleration these days either.