Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help car only starts when it wants too

kevinb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS
First up I am a complete numpty all things mechanical. I have had a 1995 auto commodore since 2000. Has been going strong all this time & wanted to pass on to my son this year as a first car as we bought new in Dec10. Sadly since Sept10 it has been playing up when going to start. Everything lights up but engine doesn't fire. Have had it at my mechanics [used the same one for 20 years & no complaints] and replaced key battery, key, reader ring and ignition barrel. He cant find anything wrong with it no error codes show up, sometimes it does it to him. He is adamant it isn't the transmission shifter? as some friends have indicated. It is too good a car not to keep for my son but don't want to spend a fortune [or him] trying to find something that cant be fixed. Also don't want the constant worry of it not starting as he has part time night work. Is it worth giving to an auto electrician? or has anyone ad same/similar issue

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT BERLINA/ 98 VS SIII MALOO (RED) LX SLR5000
does it start sometimes or is she dead all the time???/
First up I am a complete numpty all things mechanical. I have had a 1995 auto commodore since 2000. Has been going strong all this time & wanted to pass on to my son this year as a first car as we bought new in Dec10. Sadly since Sept10 it has been playing up when going to start. Everything lights up but engine doesn't fire. Have had it at my mechanics [used the same one for 20 years & no complaints] and replaced key battery, key, reader ring and ignition barrel. He cant find anything wrong with it no error codes show up, sometimes it does it to him. He is adamant it isn't the transmission shifter? as some friends have indicated. It is too good a car not to keep for my son but don't want to spend a fortune [or him] trying to find something that cant be fixed. Also don't want the constant worry of it not starting as he has part time night work. Is it worth giving to an auto electrician? or has anyone ad same/similar issue