Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HELP! central locking problem

[REDHOT]

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Calais
I'm not quite sure what caused it to start happening, at first i thought it was someone tried to break in. Because I woke up one morning to find all the doors unlocked, and making a wierd buzzing noise.

I couldn't figure out what it was at first, but the battery was dead and when I tried to lock the door with the key, and it stopped. Long story short got the car started and went for a wuick drive and the doors were locking and unlocking by themselves nonstop (this must be what kills the battery).

I get home and the drivers side lock doesnt work (can stick the key in but wont turn), and every time you lock the car from the inside the locks play up again, so I went over to the passenger side and locked it via that lock and everything worked fine.

It worked fine for the past few days until this morning I woke up, same thing happened again. Batterys flat locks are unlocked.

As far as electrics go I have no clue, the only things I can think of is someone tried to break into the car or as it was a rainy night (same as last night) water somehow got on the fuses. I honestly have no clue, the car also has solex locks so that may have something to do with it ? or it may juust be the age of the electrics.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated, I just want to know what is causing it or what can be done to fix it. Even if you've heard of this happening before.

Thanks

shaunington

Reaction score
Website
www.shaunpainephotography.com
Members Ride
VL SL (RB30E/Jatco 4SPD)
[REDHOT];1772370 said:
I'm not quite sure what caused it to start happening, at first i thought it was someone tried to break in. Because I woke up one morning to find all the doors unlocked, and making a wierd buzzing noise.

I couldn't figure out what it was at first, but the battery was dead and when I tried to lock the door with the key, and it stopped. Long story short got the car started and went for a wuick drive and the doors were locking and unlocking by themselves nonstop (this must be what kills the battery).

I get home and the drivers side lock doesnt work (can stick the key in but wont turn), and every time you lock the car from the inside the locks play up again, so I went over to the passenger side and locked it via that lock and everything worked fine.

It worked fine for the past few days until this morning I woke up, same thing happened again. Batterys flat locks are unlocked.

As far as electrics go I have no clue, the only things I can think of is someone tried to break into the car or as it was a rainy night (same as last night) water somehow got on the fuses. I honestly have no clue, the car also has solex locks so that may have something to do with it ? or it may juust be the age of the electrics.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated, I just want to know what is causing it or what can be done to fix it. Even if you've heard of this happening before.

Thanks

Hey mate,

I'm not sure if I can offer much help but I had a few similar symptoms to you so I'll share my experience and it will hopefully give you somewhere to start:

When i got my VL, the central locking was disabled because the drivers side slidelock was busted (and the metal hooks that the actuators clipped to were broken off). I replaced the slide lock and hooked up the actuator and all seemed good, but occasionally i had the same problem as you (doors wouldn't unlock, or would lock themselves after unlocking, or vice versa) and it turns out the slide lock had popped out of its little hole in the door and the actuators were getting caught.

I had the same 'couldn't turn the key but could open from the passenger side lock' problem and actually locked myself out once and had to break in (closed the door with the key in the ignition and the doors decided to lock themselves)

So, what fixed the problem for me was taking off the drivers side door-card and popping the sidelock back into it's little hole and making sure the actuators can travel freely.

When the actuators were catching, it wouldn't allow the key to turn the barrel and also caused erratic lock behaviour

Hope this is of some help mate!