Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HELP!! Code # P0012? knocking or missing at 1,500 rpm or when just on the throttle?

smokin_vx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX
Hi guys, when i got the vx i noticed a miss when driving at any speed but not accelerating or decellerating, just with the foot lightly on the throttle maintaining speed.. hard to explain.

The missing or knocking is constant... no trouble or missing on acceleration though.

Also, i had a surge when taking off slowly where the engine revved then died, revved then died, then stalled.... Put it in neutral and she started up like nothing happened.

i did a dianostic on it and got 10, 10, 1, 2 flashes... can anyone tell what needs fixing?

Thanks in advance guys

Smokin

kas699

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn v8 5 speed commodore executive
that code hasnt gotanything to do with themissing i had te same problem and turns out i had a blocked injecter on which it wouldnt allow it to work as good as it should

smokin_vx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX
that code hasnt gotanything to do with themissing i had te same problem and turns out i had a blocked injecter on which it wouldnt allow it to work as good as it should

Hey Kas,

I ran injector cleaner through it and that didnt do much.. I have a start up problem also where sometimes it will start and stall straight away sometimes twice before starting up properly.

Today I cleaned out the plenum, throttle body and also tightened up the accelerator cable. It was much more response but still had the miss..

Im thinking.. Fuel Pressure Regulator, Fuel Filter, Fuel Pump or a blocked Injector like you said.

I don't want to spend so much cash on fixing stuff that aint broke... Just trying to do it from Most likely to Most unlikely..

Any ideas where i should go from here?

Thanks Mate