Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help! Coolant leaking from my vt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Miss_KylieC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Series II Commodore
Hi, I have a 2000 VT Commodre II... The when I came home the other day from being out I noticed that my car had been leaking coolant, It was still the nice and clean green color... But heres the weird thing its only done it a couple of times before... like once or twice a year (mostly on hot days when the A/C has been on for a while). :hmmm: So today I called lube mobile and they said I need the radiator replaced ASAP!!! and not to drive it anywhere.

BUT I took it for a good drive and a good flogging this arvo to see if it would over heat and or if anything else would happen and it didn't and now its parked in the garage and not leaking a drop! I called Holden and asked about getting a patch if it is leaking and they said they don't like to do them so I just don't know what to do :idea3: ... AND I have NO Idea whats going on with it... I just don't want to be ripped off if there's nothing wrong with it, but I'll be driving a trailer load of furniture to Melbourne in a couple of weeks so don't want it to stuff up half way down in the middle of nowhere....

So if anyone knows what could be going on with it please help me! :) :surprise:

SSINZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Maloo. 6 Speed. OTR. Tune. Some other bitz
When you car gets hot things expand so. therefor if its one of ur tubes etc it wont leak when its hot until it cools down. Now if it aint any of the conectors or the pipes and its leaking from the over flow pipe when you got your a/c on and its warm/hot day then your radiator is probably blocked so just get your mechanic to take it out pull it apart and clean it up and put it back in.

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
Just a thought here, Since the AC is on, do you have the Temperature up a little? if so i suspect a leaking heater tap, common issue. also when was the last time all the heater hoses were replaced? If you dont know i would be replacing the heater tap, hoses and thermo stat, flush and refill with new coolant. might be a bit extreme but you might end up doing that anyway trying to find the leak.

Clutchy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz wagon
Were is it leakin from ? is the puddle under the front of the car the side or in under a bit ?