Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HELP coolant splurging out of the radiator

bandit0014

Reaction score
Members Ride
89 VN Commodore Wagon
well guys took it to all the mechanics on the central coast even radiator places & they done all there test to it & they still could,nt figure it out the other day i was driving it and all of a sudden the oil light came on & alot of steam from under the bonnet popped the bonnet open to find top radiator hose split all the way from radiator to the block so got it towed home ripped the heads of now i,m getting the heads fully serviced for $270 vrs kit for $160 so all up its costing me $868.35 that consists of new water pump,oxygen sensor,coolant sensor,mat sensor,oil pump kit,penrite hpr15 oil,& filter,timing cover gasket kit,sump gasket,oil pressure switch,recon power steering pump,radiator fully serviced so is that a good price as a couple of mechanics wanted to do the job for $2,500

bandit0014

Reaction score
Members Ride
89 VN Commodore Wagon
there was one thing i could,nt work out was it only started to over heat when i did an oil change i used penrite hpr30 with 500mls of that lucas additive so maybe the oil was to thick has any one else had this problem