Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help Diagnosing A Fault.

Mic84

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz wagon
Hi all,
i was hoping for a little help from you knowledgeable lot. For about two weeks now my VZ alloytec sporadically refuses to start, its always started when starting from cold IE. first thing in the morning or on the way home from work, but if i stop on the way for petrol or something i get back in and Nothing. if i disconnect the battery for a bit , pump the brake and do the lights trick then reconnect it will fire up no worries. ive had a auto electrician round and he thought it could be an immobiliser problem so replaced the key (something i needed anyways) but that has not fixed it. next he has suggested Crank angle sensor thinking that this only pops up when car is hot. before we start replacing ECU, BCM, etc.

any help would be much appreciated, the car has done almost 300K so im not looking to spend too much on it.

Cheers

VR38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Faulty crank Angle sensor. It’s under the right hand exhaust manifold. Might get to it from under the car, maybe.