Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

help dizzy stuck

clubsport_replica

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 vt clubsport replica
hey guys i been trying for the last two hours to get the dizzy out of my vq caprice, from what i can it looks like the top of the shaft is nearly out (its lifted a few cm's) but it aint budging at all no matter what i do i used various chizels to pry it up but now no matter what i do it aint lifting anymore.

any ideas.

also top of the dizzy is broken as it spins with out turning the dizzy shaft i cannont move the shaft at all

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
Hahahaha... oh wow. I love dizzies. I had so much fun trying to get mine out...

dizzy_begins_02.jpg

dizzy_begins_03.jpg

dizzy_ends.jpg

I find the best thing to do is get a chisel under the bottom lip of the dizzy and hammer down on it with something. But it seems like you've already tried that.

I can only suggest you try rotating the crank slightly side to side (using a breaker and a large socket) to see if you can shake it loose that way :)

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
ha, i knew morton would be drawn to this thread:p

does the dizzy housing spin, is it free? if not, loctite make this great product thats great at loosening stuff. called "freeze" or something along those lines i think

clubsport_replica

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 vt clubsport replica
haha nice pics lol, got it off now, yeah i had done the hanner n chizel, ended up taking off the inlet manifold and using some monkey grips wrench to actaully sping the dizzy, took a while for it to spin freely then one more tap and it was out, but broken lol.....

wat a headache