Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HELP - Double Din in a VS Statesman

rolla83

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSIII Statesman
Guys, can you fit a double din DVD unit into a series 3 statesman dash. Pict included.
Is there enough room, im guessing ill have to cut out the centre piece> Any help would be good.
Its a AVH-P4150DVD what I want in there

Attachments

• 08052009274.jpg
    08052009274.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 3,970

RoboticCherry-Coke

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais S1
yeah not sure bout a statesman but i know they don't fit easily into a commodore. I tried with my Calais. The problem is that there isn't enough room even if you do cut the center piece out as there is the heater box behind it so you cant get it to go far enough back. I ended up selling my double din one to a mate and just bought a single din one with fold out screen.

mazzstein

Yeahhh Karrnntt.
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nitrous 355 Stato
possible but why bother mate?
theres a peice of metal between the two DIN gaps which will need to be cut to fit.
just get a single pop up dvd unit

BeastVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5L
Its possible, We put a Double Din Sony unit into a mates VR exec. Takes alot of stuffing around and we ended up having to move the heater box, Really not worth it.

rolla83

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSIII Statesman
thanks

thanks for the reply's guys, not what I wanted to hear though :p

The shop stuffed up getting me a double dinn when I wanted a single with fold out screen, but they sold me the latest model for cheaper then they bought it cause they stuffed up the quote, apparently the new AVHP DVD models are around $1300 or so though I got mine for a tad under $1000 so Im chasing someone with a single dinn (NEW) one to swap for mine or cash adjustment my way as well.

fark_auth0rity

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive S2
Double din DVD into VS????

ok so ive read everyone saying that its near impossible and not worth putting a double din dvd player into a VS..... but thats the main reason why i want to get it into my car. so if anyone has done it any tips or pointers with as much detail would be greatly appreciated...

The unit is the standard double din width and height and is 150mm Deep.

Thanks in advance.

joshy123

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Vp Commodore series 2
just have a crack, cut the space for it to fix and move the heater box else where

Luke0011

Car Audio Installer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina 2005
Its definatly not near impossible, ive done one for a normal vs dash not a stato, but its probably easier to do in a stato as the side panels sit proud of the factory stez. Basically you have to make a new panel for the climate and double din hole. Easier to do on a stato as the climate control which does not have a mechanical rod is easier to move out slightly to sit inline with the new stereo. If i had to make one for a customer i would probably charge around 300 to make a painted fascia

mathew palmer

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr v6 commodore
what type of statesman does that woodgrain gear stick knob come from ? or did you make it custom ? Thanks mate