Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help exhaust leak

Jrevell13

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden vu s
So I changed over my motor and put the extractors off my old motor onto my new motor and now I have an exhaust leak which sounds like it's coming from the flange where the extractors and the exhaust bolt together but only on the one side, I have tried one gasket and some good quality gasket goo and it still leaked and now I have 2 gaskets and gasket goo and another sort of gasket that goes around the seam and sets almost like a weld and it is still leaking I didn't tighten it as tight as I could and today I tightened it as tight as I could and it's gotten louder, it seems the tighter it is the worse it gets does anyone have any idea on what can help or proper torque specs or anything? I'm sure it's coming from the flange because it was quieter and when I tightened it it got louder

Towcar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon
have you made sure the flanges aren't warped?

Jrevell13

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden vu s
have you made sure the flanges aren't warped?
I'm pretty sure they aren't warped because they were only disconnected for two days before being reconnected although I haven't had a proper look but they looked fine

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Sure its not cracked in the area?

On stands and engine started and felt where air escaping from? Be very safe doing this.

D

devilly

would like to know if anyone solves this. i have same thing going on.next thing i'm doing is checking to see if the weld itself has an air leak.