Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HELP!! Factory VDO Dayton GPS

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
I have a factory fitted Dayton VDO system in my VZ which is not working very well.

About 3 years ago I was mucking around with it because the aerial must of **** itself and it wasn’t working and somehow I managed to get a new aerial for it. At the same time I stumbled across some information about these units from a GPS Forum which stated a code to punch in to enter service mode.

To cut a long story short, I entered service mode stuffed around with some of the settings and stuffed up my GPS position. I have tried to find the GPS forum but it no longer exists.

Can someone help me out with the factory GPS? Is there someone in Australia who services or is able to help me? Is someone able to find the service code for me? Not sure if it is in the VZ Factory Workshop manual or was on the forum.

I’m at my wits end and just want to fix it so it will work properly. I am also thinking of adding a latest updated CD/DVD as I still have the one from factory from 2005.

Cheers
VDO.jpg

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
Does anyone know who or where in Australia can service/fix these units? or could you go to any electronic store?

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
just so people are aware, I contacted VDO Dayton Aus which gave me a name of a company they advise deal with and service repairs these units in Clayton Vic. I have the say this company was utterly useless, never rang back when they said they would, I was always chasing them, in the end i just kept phoning them to annoy the **** out of them cos they were such a crappy company to deal with.

In the end i managed to find a good second hand PC5400. I pulled it apart and compared to what I had fitted in my car and noticed the internals were very different (perhaps the wrong one was fitted to the sedan and in fact I had a station wagon version which sits vertical, as it had stickers and writing to say it was modified to work in a vertical position.

Anyways fitted the replacement one i bought which also had an updated maps disc which was a bonus and everything now work show it should.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
What is the chances you still have the old one?

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yes I have my old unit, will hold onto it for parts as these units are hard to come by

SalBee

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Calais
Hey all, I just uninstalled a factory GPS unit out of my 05 VZ Calais...my question is - is there something I can purchase to cover up/seal off the back section of the cavity so I can just have a rubber insert instead the coin tray???? Any ideas welcome

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Screen Shot 2021-04-05 at 8.57.06 am.png
Screen Shot 2021-04-05 at 8.59.58 am.png

You need the storage compartment and the rubber dish (1) to go in.