Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help finding black wheel nuts for VF HSV

hypeAF

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Exec 5L; HSV Gen-F2 Senator
G'day Everyone,

Apologies if this has already been covered....... But after literally 2-3 hours of searching google, and then a good half hour searching these forums, I'm still struggling to find what I'm after (and if anything I feel like I've gone backwards with confusion about caps on the nuts, do I just have chrome caps on my current nuts?? and If so how do I remove them?)...... so I'm really hoping that someone here will have the knowledge to be able to help me!!

I have a VF series 2 HSV Senator (MY16). Absolutely everything stock currently.

I'm basically at the start of the process of blacking it out and removing any bling. I'm going to be putting a set of VF series 1 GTS "Blade" wheels on it. And am wanting black wheel nuts. to match the look.

Black wheel nuts & black locking nuts (1 locking nut per wheel) - Ideally I'm looking the exact same strength / quality / look / style as my current chrome lock nuts - just black [Or if they're just caps - yeah, black caps]. Pic not my car, but for reference.

I would have thought that heaps of people would have done this before me!! I could find surprisingly little information online...... If anyone has any information or recommendation of brand or a link to what will work on my car.... it would be extremely appreciated!!!!!! Thanks so much in advance :)

1639191180853.png

MrBags

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z SERIES
I think I have a genuine black set in the shed actually including the lock nut type too.

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
Take one off to see if it has a cover over it, but I doubt if it has

Z31na

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VF Commodore Evoke
Check out a mob called Nice Products. Their website doesn’t seem crash hot on mobile but any Auto store should have a copy of their catalouge. I know they do some black nuts. Don’t know the size of a commodores studs off the to of my head so I say for sure there will be any that fit.

kleanphil

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V SII Sportwagon
G'day Everyone,

Apologies if this has already been covered....... But after literally 2-3 hours of searching google, and then a good half hour searching these forums, I'm still struggling to find what I'm after (and if anything I feel like I've gone backwards with confusion about caps on the nuts, do I just have chrome caps on my current nuts?? and If so how do I remove them?)...... so I'm really hoping that someone here will have the knowledge to be able to help me!!

I have a VF series 2 HSV Senator (MY16). Absolutely everything stock currently.

I'm basically at the start of the process of blacking it out and removing any bling. I'm going to be putting a set of VF series 1 GTS "Blade" wheels on it. And am wanting black wheel nuts. to match the look.

Black wheel nuts & black locking nuts (1 locking nut per wheel) - Ideally I'm looking the exact same strength / quality / look / style as my current chrome lock nuts - just black [Or if they're just caps - yeah, black caps]. Pic not my car, but for reference.

I would have thought that heaps of people would have done this before me!! I could find surprisingly little information online...... If anyone has any information or recommendation of brand or a link to what will work on my car.... it would be extremely appreciated!!!!!! Thanks so much in advance :)

View attachment 230544
I've been using the ones MrBags linked but recently i bought a set of mags to use while my wheels were being repainted and they came with a set of black wheel nuts , no lock nuts , unfortunately my car is getting a $15.500 motor rebuild after a lifter fail so i can't take any pics of them , maybe just ring a wheel joint .

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R
haha.. I know your pain

I spent a LOT of time after buying my R8 Clubbie trying to get
1) genuine VF black nuts or 2) decent quality aftermarket
but
nup! I talked to HSV (very unhelpful), Holden had nothing, mates at Bursons could not source

the answer? staring me in the face . Kicking myself as I had an E3 too!... Why? coz VE HSV nuts
do the job. see pic

mlNvrScK_o.jpg

Last edited:

hypeAF

Reaction score
Members Ride
All you blokes are bloody legends!! Thanks for the replies and that extra info, I might try the VE nuts I reckon, cheers!!

hypeAF

Reaction score
Members Ride
G'day everyone, thought I'd quickly check back in - in case anyone reads this post in the future so it's complete.

These are what I used and what worked.
- The nuts I used that work: https://www.mrcperformance.com.au/T...Nuts-Steel-M14x1.5-Holden-Commodore-VE-VF-HSV
- I used the same lock nuts as stock, but just used a different lock nut cover (so the cover is black to suit the nuts instead of the standard chrome cover). The lock nuts cover I used that work: https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/163351569848

And finally, a picture of the completed look with the above 2x parts. I actually did this months ago..... so thought I should finally update haha. Cheers all.

Attachments

• IMG_0054.JPG
    IMG_0054.JPG
    414.2 KB · Views: 111