Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HELP getting DVD deck out

mrvx2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Calais
Hi

I have been trying to get my double din dvd deck out for some time and its just not budging! Im trying to hook up my sub. It was profesionally installed about a month ago and i cant seem to move it at all. I dont wanna pull on the screen to hard as im scared of breaking it.
Its a VX Calais

Any pointers??

Cheers Frank

gdunkley84

I Have a Dent.
Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV Sportswagon
Haven't had a good look at the VT-VX stereo, but they mave have installed it with the original head unit brackets and bolted them to the side of the dvd unit. Therefore you may have to remove the surrounding trim to get it out, not just simply stick the keys in and pull.

SMIT

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT C2R TURBO 5SP + CRUNCH VE SSV 6SP
Haven't had a good look at the VT-VX stereo, but they mave have installed it with the original head unit brackets and bolted them to the side of the dvd unit. Therefore you may have to remove the surrounding trim to get it out, not just simply stick the keys in and pull.

Original h/u doesn't have brackets.

It is a VERY SNUG fit in there for h/u as most people don't use brackets. although with the double din h/u they may have put the mounting cage in, and pop riveted that to the side in which case i would use the supplied h/u removal keys and pull hard.

gdunkley84

I Have a Dent.
Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV Sportswagon
Original h/u doesn't have brackets.

It is a VERY SNUG fit in there for h/u as most people don't use brackets. although with the double din h/u they may have put the mounting cage in, and pop riveted that to the side in which case i would use the supplied h/u removal keys and pull hard.

What if it was installed like this http://forum.****************.com.au/showthread.php?t=8529517

Replace ******** with that other commodore forum name "SC"