Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help!!! How do I remove front door trims.

Sv6Storm

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf Sv6 Storm
Hey guys...I was wondering if anyone can help me.... I'm trying to remove my front door trims on my 2015 Sv6Storm .. has any one got a diagram of where all the screw points are. I know there's two screws at the bottom of the door, one in door holder under the rubber insert and I know there's one behind the chrome door latch but not sure where the rest are...I'm assuming they're behind the plastic carbon fibre piece that runs along the armrest.. but i don't know for sure. If anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated ..Thanks Steve

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1
Had a look at the workshop manual and its similar to most Holdens except once the door trim comes off all the clips must be replaced and not re used again. Two screws down the bottom, one hidden screw behind a plastic cover near the top left hinge side of the door, two screws hidden behind the arm rest switch assembly, must have a good strong plastic trim removal tool, (ebay has them if you pick the correct ones) remove the switch assembly (screws behind it), Disconnect the switch assembly, use trim tool from the bottom, once released lift trim upwards to remove.
I hate acrobat as you just cant copy and paste

ebay trim tools ripped my VF sv6 storm apart.
Cheap and done the job well.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/191300853426?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Sv6Storm

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf Sv6 Storm
Thanks heaps...I'll give it a go and see how I go. Cheers Steve

VFSV6FORME

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V 6.0L, VE Anniversity V6 Series 1

KING46Calais V

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VFII Calais V 6.2L Sed
Has anyone removed door trims and not replaced the door trim clips as suggested in the workshop manual?

M

mwb235

Has anyone removed door trims and not replaced the door trim clips as suggested in the workshop manual?

Unless they break, I don’t see why they need to be replaced. I haven’t had any issues with doing this. All I can think of is maybe the manual says that because you might get rattles if the re-used clips are loose. Never happened to me though, and I’ve had my door trims off countless times on my VF.

SteveCarter

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice / HR Special
I used info in this thread to replace my side mirror on my WN Caprice. Some tips for others coming across this thread:
- There are very similar mirrors with different features as they are the same as the VF so be sure you get the right one for you. For WN Caprice you need mirrors with puddle light, heated and blind spot alert.
- I did all this work with the window fully open.
- (refer pics below) There's 3 torx screws holding the mirror in place to the door frame. Behind the plastic cover for the wing mirror on the inside of the door you'll see 2 which are obvious and one larger bolt. Don't undo the bolt as that holds the inner frame in place and isn't related to the wing mirror. The 3rd screw which you cannot see is tucked behind the door seal near the bottom front corner. Carefully life the seal using trim removal tool and shine a torch under it and you'll find it. When you've found it, carefully lift off the door seal clip (on my attempt the clip stayed in the door frame and pulled free from the seal so I just had to prise it back into place using a hook and small pliers) closest to the screw so you can bend it back enough to get a screw driver in there (it's the hole you see near my thumb in the photo)
image.png

- When re-fitting the door trim, I first had to remove the window weather strip from the door trim using trim removal tools - it just comes off by pulling away from the door trim. i.e. not at an angle or need for squeezing any clips open / closed etc - then press fit it downwards onto the door frame then present the door trim up to the door panel (making sure I had the door lock knob positioned in the hole first) and weather strip. Pic below shows weather strip back in place ready for door trim to be presented.
IMG_6305.JPG

Found what looks like like workshop manual pics I found on a US site discussing door trim and mirror removal on Caprice:
caprice-front-1.png
caprice-front-2.png
Holden Caprice Wing Mirror Assembly.jpg