Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HELP hsp hard lid hinge!!

Stricko101

Reaction score
Members Ride
Series 2 VE ute
Gday there,
Just bought a hsp hard lid second hand from a crash repair shop that had accidentally bought the wrong lid. It did not come with any hinges or equipment to assemble the lid. Just the lid and locks. It looks to me as a VE HSP twin hump hard lid with twin manual locks. I found some hinges online which I thought at the time were the right ones but they were not. And I'm struggling to find anywhere the correct hinge I need to assemble the hard lid!
If anyone could help or point me in the right direction that would be great!
Here are some photos of the lid.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/RdEK9BxG3EpPLTw77

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON

Stricko101

Reaction score
Members Ride
Series 2 VE ute
Thanks for the reply. I was hoping there might be an after market or other sellers that would have the gear I need

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
They didn`t have what you wanted?

UTE042_NZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 Magnum Ute
Your photos
Gday there,
Just bought a hsp hard lid second hand from a crash repair shop that had accidentally bought the wrong lid. It did not come with any hinges or equipment to assemble the lid. Just the lid and locks. It looks to me as a VE HSP twin hump hard lid with twin manual locks. I found some hinges online which I thought at the time were the right ones but they were not. And I'm struggling to find anywhere the correct hinge I need to assemble the hard lid!
If anyone could help or point me in the right direction that would be great!
Here are some photos of the lid.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/RdEK9BxG3EpPLTw77
Your photos have all the info you need. Contact the manufacturer via their website ([email protected]) or by phone ( 1300 441 498 )and ask if they can sell you hinges for their VE twin-hump hard lid, serial # 27784P that you have purchased. You may want to discuss gas struts too, if you didn't get those.

Hope you aren't in too much of a hurry, they are in Melbourne suburbs and may be locked down and unable to help for a little while.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Is there corner pieces that go the tub as well?

I can email you the install pdf.

Last edited:

Stricko101

Reaction score
Members Ride
Series 2 VE ute
Your photos

Your photos have all the info you need. Contact the manufacturer via their website ([email protected]) or by phone ( 1300 441 498 )and ask if they can sell you hinges for their VE twin-hump hard lid, serial # 27784P that you have purchased. You may want to discuss gas struts too, if you didn't get those.

Hope you aren't in too much of a hurry, they are in Melbourne suburbs and may be locked down and unable to help for a little while.
Thanks. I have emailed a couple times but haven't heard from them yet. I already have the gas struts and the equipment you need for them. It's just the hinges I need