Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HELP.... HSV E2/3 Binnacle into 2013 SS Z Wiring

deano198o

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VE SS Z Series 2
Wondering if anyone can help?

I have scored a set of HSV Binnacle gauges from an E2 or 3 and am planning to put in my 2013 SS Z series ute. I am just a bit unclear or confused about the wiring requirements so they work properly. I have come across various info around the Binnacle setups. Just wondering if anyone out there might be able to help clear up some confusion.
My understanding is that the oil pressure and temp gauges wont work a non HSV series 1 VE as the sensor wont provide the signal, but sensor in series 2 will (which is fine as mine is series 2) Does anyone know if that is correct?
Also, that the below picture "HSV VE E1 E2 E3 HSV Triple Binnacle Gauge Module To Vehicle Wiring Harness Loom" is only required for series 1 non HSV VE's?

1644717124806.png

And that i could connect/spline in my gauges to the various parts of the car directly with the below pre made harness below without the need to the above module?

1644717324149.png

If anyone has done this before and could help me understand better would be appreciated :)

Cheers all

VECalaisV8Wagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE CalaisV Wagon
You will need to make the necessary wire taps to any non HSV car as the plug is missing in the centre speaker area.
Gauges will work in any VE commodore but on V6 models the Oil temp gauge may not.
VE V8 models all gauges will work.

You need the above loom with the yellow plug that attaches to the black box inside the gauge pod.

If it's missing then you have a problem, they are difficult & expensive to find.

The second loom could be made up yourself with the appropriate plug or make wire taps before the white plug.
Have done a couple of these pod installations so ask away.

deano198o

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 VE SS Z Series 2
You will need to make the necessary wire taps to any non HSV car as the plug is missing in the centre speaker area.
Gauges will work in any VE commodore but on V6 models the Oil temp gauge may not.
VE V8 models all gauges will work.

You need the above loom with the yellow plug that attaches to the black box inside the gauge pod.

If it's missing then you have a problem, they are difficult & expensive to find.

The second loom could be made up yourself with the appropriate plug or make wire taps before the white plug.
Have done a couple of these pod installations so ask away.
Thanks mate, I will have a closer look at what it comes with and what i might need when it arives :) Appreciate the help