Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help identifying a spider

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
Lol, was trying to look at the small picture without clicking so was up real close to the screen and then clicked on it and it came up so big and scary looking it made me jump and i fell of my chair.

:rofl:

lol, spiders are our friends. as long as we dont mess with them, they make beautiful webs which glisten in the morning dew and catch flies and other critters for free that we pump harmful insecticides into our atmosphere to kill.
(god that sounds like hippie crap)
the should be admired and respected at arms reach IMO.

the only spider i would actively kill is a white-tail as they are an introduced species and their venom is not even worth the risk of having in your house. plus they kill other non-venomous native spiders, which pisses me off.

here in vic we dont really see funnel webs, just redbacks and they dont attack.

Most critters I'll leave alone, or relocate if they bother me. If I suspect it's something dangerous though, like a funnel web, it's bye bye baby. Redbacks too, because of the places you tend to find them (I've had them under the handles of plastic bins, inside storage boxes, that kind of thing - not safe.

I usually have a few daddy long-legs hanging around the room, because they pretty much choose a corner, build a web, and just there and eat whatever comes their way till the day they die. Fine by me.

Similarly most garden spiders I'm fine with because I don't bother them and they don't bother me, and they eat flying-around stuff that would otherwise fly into the house and annoy the crap outta me. Dragonflies I make an exception for and don't mind them flying in because they eat mosquitos apparently.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
well i have to admit, that if i ever came face to face with a funnel web, it'd be a short meeting. i have seen enough footage of them attacking and the only way i can see that stopping is with the heel of my boot.

anyways, on the white tail thing, i thought they were introduced from africa? meh, im still gonna kkill em' they rot you limbs when they bite.

vn_v6

Blumpkin
Reaction score
Members Ride
87 vl limited edition
vn_bt1 has a BIG mo-fu$#a in his garage, he calls it, "his friend", understandable, i always thought e had no friends

Harry

Reaction score
Members Ride
Silver VY SS UTE
Gotta admit I'm no fan of white tail spiders .. its the way they drop to the floor and run at ya that i find unnerving .. We do have funnel webs in Victoria they are just not deadly ...

Check it out Victorian Funnel-web Spider (Hadronyche modesta)

Davie05

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
I've been unlucky enough to have been the victim of two separate Redback bites in my time. Although not life threatening to a healthy adult the bite is particularly painful.
All the same I am more creeped out by a Huntsman than any venomous spider.

Kill em all.. except for the Daddy Longlegs.

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
Daddy long-legs are fantastic ^_^ I go out of my way to drag them out of the garage and introduce them into the house. They keep the redbacks out, and eat other spider eggs, so they get a good vote in my book :)