Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help identifying a spider

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
Howdy. Just apprehended a crawly critter in my bedroom, I suspect it's a male funnel web, but I'm no expert on these things.

I remember seeing we had quite a few resident invertebrate experts last time a mystery critter was posted here, so I'm hoping I can draw on the knowledge of some of you clever folk to figure out exactly what this guy is.

If he turns out to be a funnel web it would be good to know, so I can take a few extra precautions to stop them getting indoors. We get plenty of crawly things around here, but they are mostly harmless, so funnel webs concern me slightly. I've never found one here before, just a couple of redbacks.

Any help appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_2696.jpg
    IMG_2696.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 903
  • IMG_2699.jpg
    IMG_2699.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 1,311
  • IMG_2700.jpg
    IMG_2700.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 872
  • IMG_2703.jpg
    IMG_2703.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 1,202

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
Looks like a dead Huntsman to me, They curl there legs up when they die. And i have alot around my house. Its not a Funnel web.

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
looks too small for a huntsman - the ones we have in SA are light grey and 4 times the size.

Note: all spiders curl up the legs when deaded. :)

VNexecutive

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais 5L
i dont vote for huntsman, because most huntsmans have longer legs than its body, where as this spider appears to be too equal in its leg and body size (regardless of the fact they're curled up)

we had a funnel web here in our house in geelong not too long ago, and it looked like that. scary looking critters. mind you, the funnel web was jet black in colour. and it was a female one. freaked me out big time.

Kikki

WA Cruise Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.christielynphotography.com
Members Ride
08 VE SSV Sportswagon & 03 VY S Pac
Thanks Ari, you may be right.

Either way I cant handle this thread without wanting to scream and its getting worse.... so... bye!!