Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help identifying paint code for my VQ side skirts

vave

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQII Caprice
Hi guys,

Had a look searching however havnt found anything conclusive.

Im looking for the paint code for the side/rear skirts on my VQ II Caprice.

Attached is a picture.

The label on the firewall only identifies the body colour being 2D021 (Signet gold).

Any ideas??

vave

Attachments

• list.JPG
    list.JPG
    550.8 KB · Views: 683

PaRaDoX

Because Racecouch...
Reaction score
Members Ride
none
go get it colour matched man, chances are the paint WILL be faded, you have to get it mixed... paints about $40-50 per litre, but when u mix that with thinners you get about 3-4Litres soo it goes pretty far, i got my skirts colour matched, just take your car to say auto bahn tell em u want 1L of paint mixed and they'll come out and get the colour matched for ya and have it mixed within 15 mins but yeah

you painting it your self or getting it sprayed in a shop???
you wont get a match /good quallity with a can

if its gettin done in a shop just get them to supply the paint

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
PaRaDoX616 said:
go get it colour matched man, chances are the paint WILL be faded, you have to get it mixed... paints about $40-50 per litre, but when u mix that with thinners you get about 3-4Litres soo it goes pretty far, i got my skirts colour matched, just take your car to say auto bahn tell em u want 1L of paint mixed and they'll come out and get the colour matched for ya and have it mixed within 15 mins but yeah

you painting it your self or getting it sprayed in a shop???
you wont get a match /good quallity with a can

if its gettin done in a shop just get them to supply the paint

Would places like auto bahn really be any good at colour matching like that? I mean really they are just guessing.. something you could probably do better with a few goes at home. Professional crash repairers etc. can match it perfectly.

PaRaDoX

Because Racecouch...
Reaction score
Members Ride
none
auto bahn mixed my paint fine, and as for "professional crash repairers" went to a few of them, they wanted 3 hours to mix paint for a **** brand at expensive prices... dont get me wrong but they're probbly some good ones out there but when i went looking i mananged to find alot of assholes

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
PaRaDoX616 said:
auto bahn mixed my paint fine, and as for "professional crash repairers" went to a few of them, they wanted 3 hours to mix paint for a **** brand at expensive prices... dont get me wrong but they're probbly some good ones out there but when i went looking i mananged to find alot of assholes

Yeah fair enough...Theres a place not far from me that does an awesome job, Mt Pleasant Crash Repairs and its at decent prices too... So I guess its a matter of having a decent bloke around to do it...

N

nemodore

There Is About 20 Different Combination Colours 4 Vq Statos.most Comin Is 2h014or 2f023.if In Dought Email Me Back And I Will Check It Out On My Work Computer, To Do This I Need Build Date.