Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help! Im smoking!

grosshom

Reaction score
:eek: I had trouble with starting my VS.It was strugling to start,I figured it was the battery.It would really try to start like, wur..........wur...........................wur..vroom.Excuse the explination:yeah: Anyway, I had a thought in the back of my mind it might be the starter motor instead.Anyway, the next day I got on the piss in the car listening to cd's and being pissed, had the interior light on the whole time and did'nt even reallize(silly cu!?*nt):drink: Ya know what happened.So I charged up the battery a bit, cranked her over, still struggling, managed to start it and left it running for a while.I then turned it off and tryed again, still struggling, this time, oh no.......****..........Im smoking:flame: Have I burnt the starter motor out?It was a real bad smell like nearly choking me when I went to investigate.I could'nt lift up the hood till the smoke cleared, even though it wasnt that much smoke. It still trys to start but I dont want to push her anymore.HELP!

_Mukas_

DJ Titan...Hardstyle guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0L Statesman
ignition coil mitev burnt out...

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
If there was a lot of smoke it shouldn't be too hard to find the burnt lead or component. Sound like you may need a new battery as well - once they need charging they are near the end of their life.

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VE SportWagon International A4
Probably have a short somewhere. eg. battery lead, starter motor. Might be what drain your battery as well. :unsure:

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
hako said:
If there was a lot of smoke it shouldn't be too hard to find the burnt lead or component. Sound like you may need a new battery as well - once they need charging they are near the end of their life.

or have just had their voltage depleated.