Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help installing 6.5 inch speakers in VT

Helmo645

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hey guys :D

So now i'm pretty decided on going with the splits, these sony ones most likely Ryda Car Audio - Sony XSGTX1620S 6" Split Speakers($99.95) and then i will be installing them myself. However as a complete noob at ALL of this im wondering if installing splits by myself is the best idea as they will be even more complicated then just coaxials of the 6inch variety.

Being 6.5inch splits i figure you need to do a bit of chopping into the car or something to fit them? Anyways just how easy would this be for a beginner :p

Lamo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL + LH Torana + VZ Crewman
Depending on the basket size of the speaker, you may have to 'thin' the speaker pod mounting surface a little to squeeze it in. There is no other chopping involved.

Helmo645

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ok sweet thanks alot, also to install the splits will i need a soldering iron or anything or can i just like twist the cables together to join them , sorry i have no idea what im talking about

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Have a look at the crossovers, most every pair I've seen the wires screw down between plates, so just a screwdriver needed. On the speaker end does the supplied wires have spade terminals (slot on)? If so than just slide them on, if not than soldiering may be required.

chooky1980

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
vh sl/e,vk berlina
should be a straight foward job mate.i put 6.5s in a mates vt and they fit it without modification to the mounting by memory

SuperSixty6

Alto Rullo
Reaction score
Members Ride
Landcruiser TD
Ok sweet thanks alot, also to install the splits will i need a soldering iron or anything or can i just like twist the cables together to join them , sorry i have no idea what im talking about

LOL!

I assume you are not amping them, Or upgrading factory wiring?

If you are not upgrading Factory wiring, You may need to solder a few things to locate the Crossover internally (I would not put this in the door).

Cheers.
Super6