Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help - Insurance

Miss-E

VTCOM6
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
Welll.. My insuance company decided my car is too high risk now it has a body kit and cancelled my insurance.
It took 20 minutes but I talked them into letting me have the remander of the time i've paid for. But I need to find another insurance company.

Can anyone recommend somewhere to me?
The place I called offered $9500 for agreed value :cry: I paid $20,000 for my car 2 or so years ago. My loan wouldnt even be covered by $9500.

Whats your car insured for and who with?

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
I recommend Justcar for you!

The 2 Best for Modified Vech's is:

** Just Car (Good for P-platers as well)
** Shannons (good for vintage stuff too)

Try them, cant get insurance with those two and your in trouble!

Good Luck.

aZk.

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing :'(
Try Justcar and Budget direct, they offered me the "cheapest" price and possibly a better agreed value, not too sure, good luck with it!

andrewgrazier

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT COMMODORE 50th ANNIVERSARY
shannons will insure anything
but for me their price was waay too high.
we are with nrma because i got my name on along with my parents who have insurance thrgouh nrma for like 30 years so ya get some pretty good discounts
i think comprehensive insurance for my commodore is $650 a year
and $600 if i crash it in excess

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing :'(
Shannons didnt even want to know me, their explanation was 'they only insure people who belong to clubs or owners of not so common cars' (not exact words), it' probably more to do with the fact that im 18, this was about 4 to 5 months ago though, maybe its different now.
My advice... Ring around, I rang every insurance company in the phone book, the result was a few hundred to $4,500 cheaper quote =|(Allianz quoted me $6,800 per year for full comprehensive on my standard vt2 calais hahaha what a crack up!)

batemada

Reaction score
Wellington, New Zealand (Yes i know yet another KI
Members Ride
2009 Gold Calais V Sportwagon
Im glad i dont live over there in australia, here in NZ i have got my VT commodore fully insured for $18000 and can make any mods i want to it.
It only costs me $380 per year win and excess of $500 becuse i am only 21.

MaN|aC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 4.2 S/C
I have the same car is you miss e, I insured it through RACQ with full comp costing me $900 a year and im 20 y.o

Also it also covers my sound system, GPS and my 19' wheels, well I can't complain :)

TigerVX

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX Commodore
Miss-E said:
Welll.. My insuance company decided my car is too high risk now it has a body kit and cancelled my insurance.
It took 20 minutes but I talked them into letting me have the remander of the time i've paid for. But I need to find another insurance company.

Can anyone recommend somewhere to me?
The place I called offered $9500 for agreed value :cry: I paid $20,000 for my car 2 or so years ago. My loan wouldnt even be covered by $9500.

Whats your car insured for and who with?
What other mods have you got?
I've got my insurance with AAMI. Cost about $740 per year and I have a body kit.

B

bradnstacey

just cars

just cars did my insurance on my vt ss for 1600 n my gf is 22 no1 would touch us cause she is young but just cars did i can do any mods i want it will just put the premium up abit

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
MikesVT said:
Try Justcar and Budget direct, they offered me the "cheapest" price and possibly a better agreed value, not too sure, good luck with it!
for curiosity i did the online quote with budget direct and they wont touch my new clubby r8... :rofl:
lucky i already got insurance for it on tuesday with RAC....:yeah: