Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help, is this My Knock Sensor????

TrikkBen

I'm Back :D
Reaction score
Website
www.asroilpans.com
Members Ride
BNR32
Hey guys,

I think this is my knock sensor but I wanna be 100%. Anybody shed some light on it?
I broke it sticking my arm in there, tightening my Sump bolts.

DSC00404.jpg

DSC00406.jpg

DSC00408.jpg

DSC00409.jpg

Any help wouild be great

Thank You

Ben.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Look's like you are correct - knock sensor 'protected' by a heat shield. Only seen them with the engine out so I'm 90% sure. Book says remove the heat shield and undo sensor with a 22mm socket - catch the coolant. What a bummer.

TrikkBen

Reaction score
Website
www.asroilpans.com
Members Ride
BNR32
Thanks Hako, Do you have a Gregorys for the engine/car? If you do any chance of you scanning that page and emailing me the pics??

Thanks mate
Ben

TrikkBen

Reaction score
Website
www.asroilpans.com
Members Ride
BNR32
Bump....... Sorta need an answer, I need get it soon, as i am dropping the crossmember soon and would be easy to do it all at once.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
pm me your email - I'll scan the page.

OK - found your email in your profile and have sent the scan. I would have said I was 100% sure but I've had a few 'misses' lately and like to hedge my bets!

Last edited:

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
not many people here will have them as the hsv's were the only ones with them unless they were put in after. Sooo only that it looks like nothing on my engine i would have a guess its the knock sensor. Alternativly you could source a new tune/memcal that dosnt need a knock sensor so you can disconnect it and leave it out

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
not many people here will have them as the hsv's were the only ones with them unless they were put in after. Sooo only that it looks like nothing on my engine i would have a guess its the knock sensor. Alternativly you could source a new tune/memcal that dosnt need a knock sensor so you can disconnect it and leave it out

all the v6's got knock sensors. v8's were the hsv only jobbie.

im assuming its a v6, cant tell from the pics, but theres no mention of his car being a v8.