Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help! Key stuck in ignition!!

A

AZBALL

Help!
As i was turning my car off after getting home from work my key all of a sudden just jammed up. I am unable to pull it out or even turn it in any direction cant start the car either.
has any one heared of this and or know how to fix?
Plz help!

A

AZBALL

chevy_big_block_bro said:
try jiggling the steering wheel back and forward, this happened in my VN, turned out to be a bur on the key.

thanks but its still stuck...
any other ideas???
By the way i thought i should mention that the steering wheel is not locked can move it freely.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Sounds like your ignition barrel just ****ed up, i had the same thing happen on my old VS.
Best to give a locksmith a call

V

VtBerlina_3800

this happened to me to, ignition barrel snapped mate, call either holden or a lock smith. its common my mates ss did the same like 2 weeks before mine. i got out of it for only 120 bucks including towing costs cause i know someone but probly cost about 250 plus towing to where its getting fixed

V

VtBerlina_3800

yeh sorry mate, i was the same but mine happened wheni was on my break at the local fish and chip shop getting everyones lunch!!
wasnt to happy

peterj

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 1 Berlina
Had mine replaced this week cost me $140 at a local locksmith, went to go home from work one night when it locked up on me , managed to get it working after 15 frantic minutes..so i decided to get it replaced just to be on the safe side, even though it was ok for two days after.

Veex

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx Berlina S2
Had mine replaced this week cost me $140 at a local locksmith, went to go home from work one night when it locked up on me , managed to get it working after 15 frantic minutes..so i decided to get it replaced just to be on the safe side, even though it was ok for two days after.
How’d it you end up getting it ??

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SS Sportwagon, Audi A4, Combo work hack