Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HELP: lost lock nut key

blaze

ridin dirty
Reaction score
Members Ride
SILVER BULLET
hey ive lost my lock nut key for my wheels. the lock nuts came with my rims from over east (Tempe Tyres) so ordering a new set n hopeing that i get the exact same set just for the key is pretty slim. is there anyway i can get the lock nuts off? ive tried putting a socket over but its too fat and rubs up against the hole of the rim.

nicko

Carbon Positive - DO IT!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
75 cruiser ute
Weld another nut to your locknut. undo it as normal.

Milz_00

Reaction score
yea pretty hard mate, nicko's would be the only real way

Joey_21

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SV8 HBD---mmmm LS1
hey ive lost my lock nut key for my wheels. the lock nuts came with my rims from over east (Tempe Tyres) so ordering a new set n hopeing that i get the exact same set just for the key is pretty slim. is there anyway i can get the lock nuts off? ive tried putting a socket over but its too fat and rubs up against the hole of the rim.

doesnt every lock nut set have a different key u will prob need to get the serial number and send away for a new key mate

army

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS ute M6
buy a 3/4" or 13/16" impact socket. depending on the type of lock nut. impact sockets have flats inside the socket unlike the ones in a general socket kit. and then use a hammer to knock the socket on. iv done it for a couple of mates and it was very easy. other wise u could try use a normal socket n cut some small bits of wire n wedge them between the nut n the socket. hope that helps.

i just read your post properly! realised u said u cant fit anything as its to close to the rim.. maby take a photo of what it looks like?

HDT_aero

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
manual VN aero
get a cheap socket that fits over the nut but in the wheel hole and 1/2 to 3/4 fill it with kneed it (2 part epoxy that sets like steel) paint the nut with oil then press the socket on so the kneed it moulds around the nut then remove it carefully and wait for it to set. you now have a new lock nut key that will work many times to come.

just dont pinch my rims.........