Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help lowering and random sounds

Searoll

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 vn, low and slow
I have a 91 Executive Vn, on mags, dobinson superlows and shortened monroe shocks, its not low enough and I don't know how to make it lower without making it illegal? any ideas? THANKS =D
:idea3:

Also I have a random knoking sound coming from my front right strut somewhere after I put the springs in, the front is on stock shocks, when I hit bumps and take a corner to quickly it knocks sounding like something is loose, I thought maybe an uncaptive spring? But I grabbed it and it doesn't move at all, Its getting worse and i don't know what it is,
any ideas appreciated and all help accepted
thanks guys!

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6ltr ute, VP Calais and HJ Prem
The lowest point on my vp is my exhaust. Which is actually making it illegal. Lowest point of your car has to be more than 100mm (with a carload) off the ground. So find the lowest point on your car. If it's your exhaust you could try bending the mounts so it sits up higher or something? Otherwise it's going to have to be illegal.

Could also get coilovers so you can adjust your ride height. But you can also get in trouble for having adjustable suspension that can drop it under 100mm.

kiwicon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 Manual
correct about the 100mm, not about the coil overs if certed.
Dont no about OZ but here in NZ you can cert it for under 100mm and be legal.

Options are to either compress your current springs more or get some lower ones. also what size mags are you running.

Searoll

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 vn, low and slow
I'm running 17x8 with235/45/17 and yea they don't make coiloversq for the front of vans in nz

kurtis1791

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn commodore
Trademe is your friend. Coilovers available on there. Or talk to autolign about making some for the front. Am going to be doing the same for my vn as coil under compression is almost bound and not low enough yet. I had to shorten my shocks to get ultra lows in my vk front. Sounds like you should check you havent left anything loose when you changed springs.