Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help me before I burn it... :((

shidda_vr

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr commodore acclaim
Alright boys/girls I need some help Last year I purchased a clean asf vr acclaim with 150xxx legit ks on the clock when I first brought it it was fine... until now I’ve literally got no idea what is going on. I jumped in it about 4 weeks ago an turn the car on an the wipers automatic turned on it comes an goes but now it’s here to stay... Its also chucking code 31 ( Theft Deterrent Signal missing ) I’ve worked that out to be something wrong with the alarm in the car that I don’t think is a add on from factory it seems to be aftermarket but would this curse my windshield wipers to play up if not can someone throw me some ideas before i turn it into a bright light in my drive way... cheers

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
Send use pic of the outcome.

grey_hawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR V6 Ute, VS V6 snotbox
Windscreen wiper switch cactus, Vats have been turned off but will not affect your wipers.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14
I’ve worked that out to be something wrong with the alarm in the car that I don’t think is a add on from factory it seems to be aftermarket

If it was aftermarket it wouldn't throw a code, code 31 is an error in communication from the key/BCM/ECU. Would make a start by looking at the loom in the steering column all the way to the BCM and seeing if there's any fraying or shorting anywhere. Code 31 can also be caused by the little metal dot on the keyhead not making good contact with the metal ring around the ignition barrel or being on the way out. Heaps of threads on it here.

Last edited:

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
If it starts and you don't need VATS then don't worry about it. Mine has had 31 for the whole time I owned it. Mine has been disabled in the BCM and it's an expensive exercise to get it fixed as it requires my whole BCM being overhauled.

shidda_vr

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr commodore acclaim
If it was aftermarket it wouldn't throw a code, code 31 is an error in communication from the key/BCM/ECU. Would make a start by looking at the loom in the steering column all the way to the BCM and seeing if there's any fraying or shorting anywhere. Code 31 can also be caused by the little metal dot on the keyhead not making good contact with the metal ring around the ignition barrel or being on the way out. Heaps of threads on it here.

Yeah mate but if the little dot on the key doesn’t make enough contact it wouldn’t allow the car to turn over an turn on ass the dot is the key’s memory am I wrong?

shidda_vr

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr commodore acclaim
If it starts and you don't need VATS then don't worry about it. Mine has had 31 for the whole time I owned it. Mine has been disabled in the BCM and it's an expensive exercise to get it fixed as it requires my whole BCM being overhauled.

Hey mate the code isn’t my issue... my window wipers come on when I start it automatically an won’t stop I’ve soft reset the ecu an it used to fix it but now it’s just stuck on so I’m more worried about getting the window wiper issue fix as the car starts an drives good as new only has 154xxx an one old bloke owned it before me from show room floor

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Perhaps your wiper switch is faulty, or you have a wiring problem, or your wiper motor is stuck on. The attached files may be of assistance to you. Obviously, check out the switch first.

Attachments

• 3.1 Front Wiper Arm.pdf
    300.9 KB · Views: 130
  • 3.2 Windshield Wiper Motor and Linkage.pdf
    687.8 KB · Views: 162
  • 3.3 Windshield Wipers-Washers Switch.pdf
    500.7 KB · Views: 140

shidda_vr

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr commodore acclaim
Hey mate I put a new stalk in today an still no out come checked my wires an can’t find a issue there I’ve also had it to the auto leccys an they seem to not know either? Idk what the f@ck to do anymore