Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help me identify these factory reversing camera wires please

bb_zetec

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VFII SV6 Sportwagon Slipstream Blue Black Ed.
Hey mate, yeah I had the reverse sonar screen with the sensors. When you enable the reversing camera in the menu, you lose the graphic obviously, but the sonar still works and beeps as normal, just with the video from the rear camera on the screen instead.

I had my stereo sent away to get vin matched, and he enabled it for me along with VIM (Video in motion).

I also bought a Bluetooth module so i can listen to Spotify from my phone, so that's pretty cool.

Thanks for the feedback Stuey...much appreciated mate. Did you end up using that Ebay Camera that you linked earlier in your post?

Stuey81

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline & VE SS Wagon
Thanks for the feedback Stuey...much appreciated mate. Did you end up using that Ebay Camera that you linked earlier in your post?

Yeah i did, it was the closest one i could find dimention wise to the original. Only issue i have is the camera sends its own reversing grid lines to the display, and the headunit has its own grid lines overlayed. So i have two sets of grid line which is kinda annoying, but i don’t even notice it now. The camera picture quality is probably better than my VF2 SSV Redline to be perfectly honest

bb_zetec

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VFII SV6 Sportwagon Slipstream Blue Black Ed.
Yeah i did, it was the closest one i could find dimention wise to the original. Only issue i have is the camera sends its own reversing grid lines to the display, and the headunit has its own grid lines overlayed. So i have two sets of grid line which is kinda annoying, but i don’t even notice it now. The camera picture quality is probably better than my VF2 SSV Redline to be perfectly honest
Thanks Mate Appreciate the response.

I'll have to get on top of it all now.