Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

help me pick an lcd monitor

pow3rslave

DoNothing Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5.0L
birthday time is almost here again and my folks wanted to know what to get me, there's nothing i need but i'm fed up with having a decent lcd screen next to a crap one for dualies, figured i'd get them to get me a new one for the 2ndary.

right now i've got one of these as primary
Techgage - ASUS VW222 22-inch Wide-Screen
and had no problems with it. use it to game, watch vids, graphics apps, colour comes through fine, no light bleeds at the edges.

i grabbed a pc authority the other week cos it had a review of 16 widescreens, but the one i was mostly checking out the asus vk222u they tore a new ass.
mostly they said it looked dated cos of the matt finish and basic appearance with no colour highlights (i could care less, if i wanted looks over ability, i'd buy a mac :D)
they did say it had issues with backlight bleed at the edges and some of the gradients they tested dropped off at the edges making harsh shadoing and blocky colour

anyway, i'm basically looking at it because it has decent response time (2ms) same size (22") same native res (1680x1050) and the price is right (286) can anyone recommend a similar monitor they reckon's better.
ideally i'd stay with that resolution and size, it just makes dualies easier to span/mirror

arrow224

Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
BenQ E2200HD? 22" wide, 1920x1080, 16:9, HDMI, DVI, D-SUB, 300cdm brightness, 1000:1 contrast, 5ms.

Rufus®

I Jizzed in my pants
Reaction score
Website
www.mediafire.com
Members Ride
VR S1 S Pack, VX S2 Acclaim Wagoon
BenQ E2200HD? 22" wide, 1920x1080, 16:9, HDMI, DVI, D-SUB, 300cdm brightness, 1000:1 contrast, 5ms.

I've got the Benq G2220HD and love it. I wanted the G2410, but didn't have any in stock at the time, so i settled for the 22".