Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help me pick some extractors!

rwdv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline
So,

I've got a VF2 redline. Already fitted the HSV 2.5" cat back, and am wanting to fit a set of extractors for a bit more noise/go before I get it tuned. Don't plan on a tune for another 6 or so months though.

I'm not sure what to do. Thoughts are:

Get a set of Advance shorty Tri-Ys that fit to the factory cats. That way, no dash light so I don't have to tune straight away. Is it even worth doing this though, considering i'll keep the factory cats?

Alternately, grab a set of Empire brand headers with hi-flow cats. Direct bolt up fitment, and weld up some more sensor bungs to hopefully avoid the dash light coming on. These look good and are relatively affordable. Rhino also have a similar set that look OK. Both brands are 1 7/8".

Finally, do I just bite the bullet and go DPE. Having a hard time justifying the $1870 I've been quoted to have them supplied and fitted though.

What do you guys think? TIA.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
I can't speak for the VF but I went with some empire long tube on mine and they're great. Fit well, great quality for the money and sound tough.

All of it depends on budget and goals short and long term though. If you're making a decision based on postponing a tune I personally wouldn't bother til I could do both.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
I would go with GM Motorsports RAMJET, stainless 4-1 shorties with cats that bolt up to the factory catback.