Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help me please

Dream-vt

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden 97 ss vt v8 commodore
Sup ppl I have 97 ss vt v8 commodore it was handed down to me when my dad passed away when I was 8 I'm 18 now n ready to take it out of the garage runs alguds but I want to upgrade it make the old boy proud I want a performance upgrade more power exhaust system make everything tighter and also do up the outside problem is I don't know wat exactly to do I want it to scream without having to open the throttle to much and I want it to be grunty n shake when in idle I just want it to turn heads I want I to be one of the best commodores out its Bermuda blue I'm gonna keep the colour but I want a new body kit mabye a gto conversion n personally I think the tail lights are ugly is there any way I could square off the back end and get tail lights that arnt so red can someone help please?.

rch-13z

Former Photoshop Whore
Reaction score
Website
www.karcreations.com.au
Members Ride
VT Exec
Sorry about your loss, it's nice to see you'll be carrying on in his memory.

Being the 97 model I'm assuming it's a 5litre? Getting it to idle like you want it to couldn't be too hard - exhaust, cam?

Your ideas sounds interesting but If it was me first I'd get someone to give it a professional detail including proper paint rejuvination to bring it back to it's best.

Then get a set of proper monaro (original) headlights & VT Series II Calais grills - Finishes the front end real nicely & that'd only set you back around the $700 brand new. So nice but yet understated.

Then just find a nice set of wheels & get it sitting ride then just enjoy....

Good luck with it.

PS I think you may have posted in the wrong section.

Dream-vt

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden 97 ss vt v8 commodore
Yeh I've been looking and asking around about exhaust cams the sound I'm after is something like a Harley to say real grunty a deep sound is nice to but not a head turner as much u know. Also am I able to fit different tail lights and get rid of the red strip along the back not a fan does not go with blue at all where should I of posted this haha I have no idea