Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

help me plz wiring question

blaze

ridin dirty
Reaction score
Members Ride
SILVER BULLET
ay almost finished wiring me new head unit. just wondering were is the best place to wire Yellow(battery) lead says u have to connect it to the (+) post of the vehicles battery, where is this at? and also tha red wire it says to connect it to an open wire on the vehicle fuse box oranother unused power source that gives of 12V when the ignition is turned on
Cheers:thumbsup:

Last edited:

VQXTC

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VP Senator, VY SS Crewman
kritical said:
ay almost finished wiring me new head unit. just wondering were is the best place to wire Yellow(battery) lead says u have to connect it to the (+) post of the vehicles battery, where is this at? and also tha red wire it says to connect it to an open wire on the vehicle fuse box oranother unused power source that gives of 12V when the ignition is turned on
Cheers:thumbsup:

What sort of head unit?

If its in your VS then you will have a orange/white stripe for constant power connect this wire to your yellow wire on your headunit...

As for your red or ACC wire that needs to be joined to a single yellow wire which is all in the same wiring loom as the factory head unit.

Hope this helps......cheers

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
actually, shouldnt the red wire on the hed unit be 12V constant and the yellow one is accessories? So you connect red wire on HU to orange/white on car and then yellow on HU to the yellow wire on the car?

VQXTC

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VP Senator, VY SS Crewman
semi said:
actually, shouldnt the red wire on the hed unit be 12V constant and the yellow one is accessories? So you connect red wire on HU to orange/white on car and then yellow on HU to the yellow wire on the car?

You can try that...and it will still work.......

However everytime you turn the key off you will have to reset the headunit...ie clock, radio presets etc.....

cheers

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
hmm, you're right. I was sure it was the other way round, but i checked and you're right. My bad