Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help me waste some money

sittingpretty188

Reaction score
Members Ride
TBA
Fellas, happy Friday.
Long time lurker first time poster...
Am looking at a 2009 WM Statesman 6.0L (auto) tomorrow, 150k on the clock, 2 grandpa owners log books, etc. Essentially, I want this thing to be a neck breaker from a stand still. Lots of torque & acceleration but keep it stock as a rock exterior wise.
Ill be doing OTR, full exhaust (varex mufflers because PC 2019), cam, diff & tune.
Ive got about 8g as a budget for go fast bits and would love to hear any advice on different brands/combinations.
*Id prefer the cam not to be excessively lumpy, it will be a daily.
Cheers fellas:D:D:D

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Am looking at a 2009 WM Statesman 6.0L (auto) tomorrow, 150k on the clock, 2 grandpa owners log books, etc. Essentially, I want this thing to be a neck breaker from a stand still. Lots of torque & acceleration but keep it stock as a rock exterior wise.

PD supercharger for the win.

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
Considering you don't want a "Lumpy" cam because it'll be a daily driver, save a few more g's and buy a supercharger for it
Ain't nothing like the feeling of being blown :D

NO HOON

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV
I'd recommend the VCM 5SC cam for a good jump in power. From the research i've done on it, it provides torque all throughout the rev range and is perfectly matched for a Supercharger. So i'd be putting that cam in it and if you're still hungry for more then get a blower.

sittingpretty188

Reaction score
Members Ride
TBA
Faark a supercharger would be insane!
I'd recommend the VCM 5SC cam for a good jump in power. From the research i've done on it, it provides torque all throughout the rev range and is perfectly matched for a Supercharger. So i'd be putting that cam in it and if you're still hungry for more then get a blower.
I looked at this cam & was pretty keen, was also considering the 480 or 360?
I assuming if you slap a blower on youd still be wanting to upgrade the cam, lifters etc? Might be something to consider in the future..

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
You don’t have to upgrade your cam for a supercharged setup but you’ll make more power if u do

sittingpretty188

Reaction score
Members Ride
TBA
hmmmm can someone help me upload photos? I can only seem to do one at a time?

sittingpretty188

Reaction score
Members Ride
TBA
Sorry guys im not very computer savvy....So i bagged myself a grandpa spec stato, very tight, hasnt been abused, all the log books and jazz. Compared to my old (2011 ssv) this thing feels like a jumping castle, very relaxed & lethargic but forgiving. Box is pretty tight (insert innuendoes here), diff feels pretty sloppy but will be throwing in a 3:45 pretty soon, have ordered some headers 1 7/8 to 3in and will be getting a 3in xforce cat back and vcm otr to go with....cam choice but...

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
diff gears and stall convertor if you want off the line.