Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help me!

no1holdenfan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S PACK
hey guys. i have vt s pack its on LPG.

Yesterday my car **** itself majorly. It keeps back firing and i have little power. i can only reach 50kms/h. i called RACV and he reckons its some sort of gasket under the rocker cover. Any ideas?

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
RACV really know nothing. The rocker cover gasket is only there to stop oil leaking out. If that gasket is stuffed all that happens is oil leaks out usually at the rear of the motor or drips onto your exhaust, which then makes your vehicle smell of burnt oil!

There could be a few things wrong, best thing would be to take it to a mechanic to get it checked out. Also does this happen on LPG and Petrol? Or is your vehicle only on LPG?

pablo

Donating member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Was a 1997 vt v6 wagon
Does the engine run OK on petrol?

fitz_vt

Pass Me A Wrench.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore SII Olympic Edition
what happens when you hit 50Km/h? does it not go anymore or does it die or .....

no1holdenfan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S PACK
?

It happens on both gas and petrol and when it hits 50k's it keeps driving but i cant accelerate ast 50kms

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
a backfire may have split the intake pipe or hit the maf wires ide check for a leak in the pipe first

no1holdenfan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S PACK
nope

nope no split in the pipes from what i can see. its backfiring straight back into the airbox now constantly and sounds like someone with emphasyma. its ****ed. im cut as. i want my falcon back.

any other suggestions??

ACEMonkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 VT Acclaim S1
Did you change your spark plugs, swapped your spark leads or changed your coil pack recently? Just asking in case you have and the leads arent connected back properly in the correct sequence.

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
Is the check engine light on? If so read the codes and that might point you in the right direction.