Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

help me!!! :(

smitroast

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sv6 commodore
when I first bought my double there wasnt enough room behind it to push It all the way back so I cut the whole stock head unit lume out as stupid as I am I threw it away now I have come to a few computer problems with doing this I want to know can I wire all these wires together so it will do the exact same thing or will I have to take my car to an autolecci :(

smitroast

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sv6 commodore
And honestly if you have nothing general about this to say dont say anything because I rwalise how stupid I am and thank you

smitroast

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sv6 commodore
First off abs then I started it again it the after noo and low fuel xame up service need came up then the computer screen is just stuck on "servis error contact dealer" the fuel gauge doesnt work or the temprature gauge and traction is always off

jayzz_23

Reaction score
With the loom that you threw away way their any plugs with it or is the plug still connected to the unit

holdenvtman1123

Improvise Adapt Overcome
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com.au
Members Ride
VZ Adventra LX6 2006 3.6L
how far back did u cut the loom?

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
Did the problems start as soon as you cut the loom?

patrick niesler

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
the VY/VZ had 2 constant power wires going into the back of the unit. I have heard that if you tap into the wrong one that it stops the alternator from charging. could possibly be the issue, trying to find the diagram. I cant remember which of the 2 constants you have to use

- had no luck searching. Might be worth checking the wires for the other constant power and connect to it to see if the problem persists.

Last edited:

FstStig

Diagnostician
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6
English lesson might help you which in return will help us, to help you.... See what I did there?