Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help My Vp has Started Stalling

madreader222

Aero Rules
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp Aero
Hi as of yesterday whilst driving my Vp 5 speed manual it will drive fine and then out of the blue it will nearly come to a stop, then it corrects itself and continues on. But this morning when taking the kids to school the damn thing nearly stopped when i went over a speed bump and then in a back street it finally did stop on me.:bang: I started it again straight away, then i got it up to 3000 revs and tried to get it to idle, it did then stalled. My DH tapped around under the bonnet and it seems to be ok, but for how long i don't know.
Anyone got any suggestions as to what could be going on?:yeah:
TIA.:w00t:

madreader222

Aero Rules
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp Aero
I just did a fault test and code 12 came up.
I am at a loss as to what is going on?:bang:

Adriianz

Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS
umzz if the cars on gas and has an air filter, that can be the problem, i heard that air filters make your car stall with some gas conversions, other than that, no idea sorry mate.

Matt_vp

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy lumina v6 A4
umzz if the cars on gas and has an air filter, that can be the problem, i heard that air filters make your car stall with some gas conversions, other than that, no idea sorry mate.

Air filters are still used on cars running on gas, where else are they going to get air from?
Check all of your vacume lines and reset the ecu, maybe a bit of carby cleaner down the throttle body to clean out the iac valve ect.
Matt

madreader222

Aero Rules
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp Aero
Air filters are still used on cars running on gas, where else are they going to get air from?
Check all of your vacume lines and reset the ecu, maybe a bit of carby cleaner down the throttle body to clean out the iac valve ect.
Matt

HI Matt i shall give that a try and see how i go. I have driven the car again since last Friday and it started playing up again this morning:bang:, but anyways now it looks like i am up for a new radiator as well. :bang:
Thanks for the advise.
Charmaine.:w00t:

madreader222

Aero Rules
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp Aero

Thanks anyway.:dance:

Vee-ard

QuickVR95II 2010 Survivor
Reaction score
Members Ride
Foam Tuned VR 5.0l Ute
Code 12 is No RPM signal, which obviously is normal if the engine isnt running, like in all diagnostic checks, because you arent starting it.

It should flash three times before showing any other error codes, but if all you ever get is code 12, then the computer isnt logging any faults.

madreader222

Aero Rules
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp Aero
Code 12 is No RPM signal, which obviously is normal if the engine isnt running, like in all diagnostic checks, because you arent starting it.

It should flash three times before showing any other error codes, but if all you ever get is code 12, then the computer isnt logging any faults.

Thanks.:thumbsup:

madreader222

Aero Rules
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp Aero
Help it did it again:bang:.
This time the engine warning lamp illuminated when it went to stall, but being a manual it kept going.

Any ideas guys?
TIA.