Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

help need !!! vz

candy74

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz executive v6
hoping someone can help!!! i brought a vz about 2 mths ago and i have had a error code come up about 8 times since then. It has been towed once and they told me it was a gasket in the air box, but a week later it did the same thing. Since then it has been in 4 different holden dealers and no one seems to know what it is.. the last codes were (p 2188 and p2190 ) any ideas.the error thing tells me check powertrain, but only seems to happen on a long trip , is fine around town.... but is hard to start everytime i fill up ???????

Last edited:

300kplusvz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ alloytec commodore
I've got the exact same problem with mine, even down to the hard to start when I fill up.
Sounds like maybe fuel pump or the solenoid up front.....I'll let you know how I go.
Oh and by the way, how are the 02 sensors? I replaced all four of mine thinking it was them but no luck, that insistant beep still comes up every time after I reset it.
:axe:

Ahmed Wulf

Reaction score
Members Ride
Lumina\\Commodore VZ V6 2006
After all this talk none of you put the solution...?
but 88Green, your link is very helpful.

Speddie23

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais
Resurecting this thread as I had this with my V6 VZ. It would randomly throw the "check drivetrain" thing.

When i ran an OBD2 scan tool, it would be either just a P2190 error or both a P2188 and P2190 error.

I would clear it, and it would be fine for a few days, then a few days later, it would return.

Taking a good look in the engine bay, I found the PCV tube was perished and cracked where it meets the throttle body (that about 12mm hose on the drivers side of the throttle body). Looks like a minor vaccum leak.

Fixed that, and it seems to have fixed the issue, as it's been about 2 weeks without it throwing an error (touches wood)

Pictured is a picture of an alloytec engine bay in a VE I got from Wikipedia, circled is where the hose was perished.

Attachments

• IMG_20190209_184118.jpg
    IMG_20190209_184118.jpg
    212 KB · Views: 1,788
Last edited: