Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

help needed asap 94 vr stato 5L wont start

5100vr

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
ok story is drove up to local servo put fuel in come back out from paying went to start car wouldnt start fiddled with terminals and car started fine off i drove back home. when i got home shut the car off then started it again went to reverse and it stalled. since then 3 days now car wont start i have done everything just about heres a list ive put new fuel pump, map sensor, ignition module, coil, throttle body injectors, fuel pressure reg, was told it could be computer replaced that no change, ive checked every earth ect the injectors are getting fuel and pulse only thing i havnt done is dizzy could it be this? or people have told me the loom? i personally caant see it being the loom lol or the computer i am mind blown atm of what it is any help please be much appreciated im sitting here like a stunned mullet its doing my head in

pendles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR commodore
check for spark with a screw driver in the end of the lead bridged across a bolt. no spark then its the coil

jgtoranalc

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Statesman VR HSV 5L, Holden Torana LC
pendles - He said he has a new Coil

I suggest the Hall Effect Sensor in the distributor

blownv8au

Reaction score
Members Ride
au falcon ute
Have you checked fault codes?

VR38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E
YEah, first place would be to check for spark, a nice clean blue spark.
Failing that I would be testing for fuel pressure.

Engines have been the same since the turn of the last century, they need air, fuel and spark to run.

blownv8au

Reaction score
Members Ride
au falcon ute
Was it cranking and is it cranking now.

5100vr

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
no error codes ive replaced coil has great spark yes it just winds over but wont fire

jeepyrocks

Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW 535D, VR V6 Ute
great spark at the plug leads or the coil lead? I'd whip the dizzy cap off and check the hall sensor hasnt fallen to bits.

Another possibility is the factory immobiliser - what is the flashing red light doing when you go to start? is it off or on? if its on or flashing... try starting with another key, or alternatively turn the ignition on for by memory 45 mins which will then disable the immobiliser and allow you to start it.

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Can you hear the fuel pump come on for 2 seconds and then turn off again when the ignition switch is turned from OFF to ON?