Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HELP Needed! Vr Cruise Control

frankfava

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 VR Commodore S
Bought my VR S 94 and it has cruise control.

Not entirely sure if it works or not (or can't get it to at least...)

I hit the button on the stalk and the green dash light comes on and that's about as far as I've gotten....

How do I work it and find out if it does work or not??

Cheers

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Youve gotta be doing over 40 km/h before it will set, but if it still wont set, then check the brake light switches near the brake pedal,theres 2 of them, ones a combined brake light and cruise cancel switch, the other is a safey backup for the cuise control just in case the first switch fails to switch off the cruise when the brake is applied. Check both switches are off when the brake pedal is not being pressed. Also the blinker stalk has wires inside it that go to the cruise switches, and these wires can break, which is a fairly common problem, and this then stops the cruise from setting. You can solder these wires back together if you pull the stalk apart and find they are broken, or you can buy a replacement blinker stalk from ebay etc fairly cheap.

newvsowner

Reaction score
Members Ride
JG Cruze
i had the same problem, as above, the little wires in the indicator stalk were broken. cost me $10 from the wreckers.

go straight to the stalk, its a seemingly cheap item to fix.

zed280zx

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs
I have a wrecked VS with cruse control if you need parts
pm me for detail