Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help needed.

NFNSUS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/x - VS BT1
Ohk i bought a VC vacationer and its got a few things wrong.

its blowing white smoke.. i dont know if its just cold or theres sumthing wrong.

both front doors are having trouble. drivers side makes 2 large clicking sounds before fully opened and the other is closed ( not locked ) and wont open.
i need help on fixing these because i cant get the inside cover of the door off because the arm that makes the window go up and down ( forgot the name.. ) wont come off.

Thankyou

Last edited:

v8commy

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vk calais 5.0
well white smoke could be your rings, to much oil or condensation. now the drivers door whould make to clicks as there is a little silver arm that holds the door open it would be that, passenger door does the handle feel like its pulling anything when you pull up on it?

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
you have to push the trim in around the window winder, peep in behind it and spot the little cir-clip attached to the back of th winder. pop that clip out with a blade screw driver (or a clip removal tool which is a bunch easier than a screw driver but i am guessing you dont have one) and the handle will fall off easy as pie.

as far as the smoke thing goes, well, it could be a number of things. try tuning it first before you go blaming rings or stem seals. a lot of people consider carbon buildup to be 'smoke' but its jut a case of getting the carby working well.

once you have tried the cheap and easy things, then move on to more difficult/expensive things.

edit* oh the clicking sound of your door is often worn bushes on your hinges. easy as to replace.