Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

help needed

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
so your saying the battery isn't going flat but a voltage drop is happening somewhere I've seen it happen with bad joins at the bulkhead connector like all ready said above check at the ignition switch with as many things as possible turned on your looking for a voltage lower than battery voltage (with the motor off) check at the fusebox as you can get at that with out pulling too much apart. have you upgraded your headlight globes by any chance? you'll need a good wiring diagram.

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
yes it drains even quicker with high beams on its really annoying so much money has been spent to rectify the problem yet its still doing it

its less then .3 when key is off and auto elect checked the current with car off and also with the car running at different rpms and it was all in a good range well above the 12volts which is why its got me stumped as to why it keeps doing it and the other thing it will drain the battery quicker when headlights are turned on

Sounds to me that the battery isn't holding charge.
A battery like that WILL show full charge but will release that charge at a very high rate.
To test if the battery is holding charge,
Charge the battery externally so it shows full charge.
With ignition off and no other accessories on, turn on your head lights, low beam will do and put a volt meter across the battery so you can see the voltage drop.
Now, time how long it takes for the battery to run down and let us know how long it takes to go flat.
Say for example it's a 100 amp hour battery, the battery 'should' be able to take a 100 amp draw for 1 hour.
So @ 50 amps, lasts 2 hours.....25 amps 4 hours....12.5 amps 8 hours and so on........
All this is in an ideal world and times will vary greatly depending on the condition of the battery.

sinfulvh

Reaction score
Members Ride
holden vh commodore SLX
ok had a brain fart today because it has an electronic distributor on it could the electronic module on it cause this problem its really the only thing i havn't touched

sinfulvh

Reaction score
Members Ride
holden vh commodore SLX
i think i may have found the problem in the dizzy

all fried up.jpg