Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

help no illumination of ac buttons headlight switch.

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon Supercharged
thats not to had to do lol. thanks for that i would of soldered them straight to the board.

I think wrx884 was meaning if your replacing the globes, they need to be soldered back into the holders. But if your putting LED's in there you can solder straight to the PCB, each LED needs its own resistor too. I have done the A/C controls, waiting on my shipment of LED's to arrive to finish the rest as the PWR and power window switches have also blown

fitz_vt

Pass Me A Wrench.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore SII Olympic Edition
I think wrx884 was meaning if your replacing the globes, they need to be soldered back into the holders. But if your putting LED's in there you can solder straight to the PCB, each LED needs its own resistor too. I have done the A/C controls, waiting on my shipment of LED's to arrive to finish the rest as the PWR and power window switches have also blown
ah ok.
for LED's i would need my choice of colours.... and then the resistors to match. what voltage at the stock ones ?

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
ah ok.
for LED's i would need my choice of colours.... and then the resistors to match. what voltage at the stock ones ?

Stock globes run off 12v. You need to get that down to about 3.5V depending what LED you use. I used 300ohm resistors with 6000mcd blue LED's

fitz_vt

Pass Me A Wrench.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore SII Olympic Edition
Stock globes run off 12v. You need to get that down to about 3.5V depending what LED you use. I used 300ohm resistors with 6000mcd blue LED's

nice i am going for a rainbow dash. blue, red, yellow and orange

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini

u should b calculating wat resistor values that u need from 14V not 12V just the same way u would with audio gear. also 2 play it safe and 2 get the most out of ur LEDs run them at 20mA

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
u should b calculating wat resistor values that u need from 14V not 12V just the same way u would with audio gear. also 2 play it safe and 2 get the most out of ur LEDs run them at 20mA

Yeah I didn't really research it much and the bloke gave me 300ohm resistors (probably not factoring for 14v) so they are running about 35mA. The spec sheet says 30mA so im hoping they don't burn out. Wont make that mistake again. 350ohm if not 400ohm would be nicer but ill see how they go, got plenty lying around incase they die :p

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah I didn't really research it much and the bloke gave me 300ohm resistors (probably not factoring for 14v) so they are running about 35mA. The spec sheet says 30mA so im hoping they don't burn out. Wont make that mistake again. 350ohm if not 400ohm would be nicer but ill see how they go, got plenty lying around incase they die :p

Actually 35mA is very high even 30mA shortens the life of them coz they r startin 2 overwork them slightly. if u want brighter LEDs use a higher MCD rated LED and u wont have 2 crank them with as much power.

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Actually 35mA is very high even 30mA shortens the life of them coz they r startin 2 overwork them slightly. if u want brighter LEDs use a higher MCD rated LED and u wont have 2 crank them with as much power.

Will take that into account. Got some 8000mcd on order for the cluster, they come with free resistors but will double check before i start doing anything this time.

Cheers

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride