Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HELP, No Rev's Car Dies...

ICUBYE

Do I Smell Burnin Rubber?
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais 5.0Litre '96 Series 1
i had a full service done less than 2000kms ago.

this included spark plugs and leads and i also had a carbon clean done at the same time and the injectors were in good working order as i was worried about the constant ticking of the engine. the mechanic said tha was the lifters and its very common 99% of 5.0litres do it.

I had a look and i cant see any hoses that are not connected properly.

As fair as i know the throttle body was cleaned out during the carbon clean.

J_D

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S1 and VS V8 Statesman
might be an earthing problem. When I bought my car it was doing weird electrical ****. Like the brake warning light would come on during deceleration and the tacho wouldnt work when the brakes were on or the handbrake was on. Would idle very low on the verge of stalling, was hard to start. This was all caused by the earth strap from the body to the engine being disconnected and the strap from the battery to the body being broken.

J_D

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S1 and VS V8 Statesman
If the positive current cant find an easy path to earth it will try and go thru any path it can to find earth which could be why the computer fuse keeps blowing.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
another left field suggestion here, you ever changed the fuel filter, these have been know to cause problems and are commonly overlooked