Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help on fixing peeling paint on radio buttons

Kal123

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 && 180sx
Just get a six stacker from ebay, can pick one up for $200.

If not you can buy a new signle stacker for like $160....

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
All the plastic panels (incl T/C button) i got from OZ Comm spares at Smithfeild $220
6 stacker got off ebay $200
Pwr window module got from just commodore spares $75
Trip computer & HL switch off ebay $80 both
Compartment underneath stacker got from NVU (new vehicle upgrades) $21
HBD 6sp gear boot from NVU $132

All up $728

Still going to get the door air vents & the rear air vents

Hi Paul

You're like me - don't like the Dark Tempest.

With all that I have done to the interior of the Berlina, the one thing left that still looks ordinary is the grey centre dash and switches etc. I'm looking at painting the surrounding section of the centre stack in paino black, and the rest of the centre stack satin black, the ame as the Calais, but leaving the buttons grey because of the lettering. Can't be fussed trying to get a black 6 stack CD player as the current one works fine.

I noticed that on Calais, with the black dash, the fold out cup holders are still grey, so leaving the radio buttons, air con controls and lights/trip computer switch grey, might look ok, if not, black switches can be purchased. The instrument surround will also go piano black.

Pics to follow once completed - at least I know it wil be different to any other interior treatment I've seen on this forum.

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
Hi Paul

You're like me - don't like the Dark Tempest.

With all that I have done to the interior of the Berlina, the one thing left that still looks ordinary is the grey centre dash and switches etc. I'm looking at painting the surrounding section of the centre stack in paino black, and the rest of the centre stack satin black, the ame as the Calais, but leaving the buttons grey because of the lettering. Can't be fussed trying to get a black 6 stack CD player as the current one works fine.

I noticed that on Calais, with the black dash, the fold out cup holders are still grey, so leaving the radio buttons, air con controls and lights/trip computer switch grey, might look ok, if not, black switches can be purchased. The instrument surround will also go piano black.

Pics to follow once completed - at least I know it wil be different to any other interior treatment I've seen on this forum.

No dramas, Calabar
Let us know how it turns out:thumbsup:
The dark tempest grey reminded me too much of the exec interior, thats y i changed over.

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
if I didnt have the phreddied radio and bluetooth button I would also change over to the black as I had throught about doing this a while back, but its too late now :whistling

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
No dramas, Calabar
Let us know how it turns out:thumbsup:
The dark tempest grey reminded me too much of the exec interior, thats y i changed over.

Precisely the reason I want to change over, too. My kids' Exec and Acclaim have the same colour and since putting in the leather seats, the old centre console looks too cheap and "Exec-like".

baracuda

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
got mine replaced under warranty :)

jet-6

Yer im that guy!
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY06 VZ SX6 ADVENTRA
Where can you buy this Dark Tempest paint from anyway, i need some