Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help ... Opening boot/trunk of VXS

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Hello ... hope you can help.

I was opening the boot of my VX this morning using the remote on the car key but for what ever reason, it is just clicking but the boot does not release. I tried using the button in the glove compartment box and it does the same thing. VXS does not have a boot lock where I can insert my keys to manually open the boot.

To make the situation worst, I have an LPG gas tank so I cannot access the bootfrom the back seat.

Pls help ....

Thanks.
Louie

He is getting a noise....

GMHVF6

Naturally stroked
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Storm
when i put my vx garnish on i left on my lock sitting behind the garnish, if it ever stops working id have to drill out the garnish where the lock is and open it with a key, it wrecks a garnish but its better then not being able to open my boot lol.

anyway, is there a way to unbolt the U bolt thing it clips onto from underneath? i have never looked at it closely but the nuts for it might be accessible from under the car

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
No, they are inside the boot.

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
section 2-11 of owners manual shows a a manual boot release cable behind fold down seat section

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
section 2-11 of owners manual shows a a manual boot release cable behind fold down seat section

Gas tank...........

i still think ur best way in is through the speaker holes or rear seats....

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Odd that there isn't a key hole......

Ant, your stuff has been shipped.

GMHVF6

Naturally stroked
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Storm

do all vt's have this? coz mies a series 2 year 2000 and it doesnt have a manual boot release, or is this only vx's as they dont have a key hole on the rear garnish

Mick1988

W.A. Cruise Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.sarichtechnology.com
Members Ride
Too many to list......
Only the VX has a manual boot release cable. I don't see why you can't still use this cable with a gas tank in... unless they remove it when they install the tank. I wonder if there would be any way to get to the latch with the rear bumper off. It could be worth a shot.

l0ui3

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VXS
Thanks for all your replies

I end up taking the car to Holden service centre and what they did is they drilled a small hole where the car rego number is and use the hole to open the boot. It cost me $340 for them to open and replace the faulty parts. Not happy with the cost : -( but at least it's done ...