Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

HELP! p0303

VZ_commo91

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ commodore Acclaim
Hey guys. I'll start from the beginning, ( I don't know if this is the problem ) yesterday I washed the car in a spot that I don't normally wash, The inside of the fuel lid ( cap was still on ) I washed in there with the hose and a sponge. Also yesterday I pulled out the MAF and had a look at it, and put it all back together.

Now to what its doing. Today as I was coming out of the city, all of a sudden the car started misfiring, and shot out the code p0303, I went and bought some metho and have put that in the fuel tank thinking its water, but there is still no difference ( have driven 30 KM home ) The car is running a bit warmer than normal, and is not telling me how much fuel per 100 L I'm using unless I give it some. It has absolutely no power and misfires badly under 3000 RPM, But after that it seems to be fine and sounds normal too. Does not seem to misfire above 3000RPM...

So I don't know what to think, weather it be fuel, water in fuel, MAF, computer or injector... Please someone help ! :(

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
Yikes! You pulled out the MAF to have a look —!? :hmmm:
The first rule is to leave the MAF sensor alone. Just touching it is enough to render it inoperable or prone to false reading. If it needs attention at all, specific spray cleaners are available. Fingers are a definite no-no. A bit of detective work needed... Another forum member, impulsesV6, has logged an interesting discussion about this. Click to jump.

VZ_commo91

Reaction score
Members Ride
No no no, I mean the whole piping as well. I dont have the safety tools to get it out.

Impulse said his misses at higher RPM, Mine does it at idle and stops at higher revs

VZ_commo91

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore Fault Codes

It doesn't have p0303 listed there, but might help for future reference.

Thanks, But googling the code comes up with misfire on cyl 3. So ? lol. Anyway an update on this.
I just spent the past hour pulling the plenum off and swapping coil 1 and 3, The code is now p0301 so I have a ####ed coil :(

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
"Safety tools"!? Prey tell, what?
Do you mean the filter box cover with pipe etc attached?
You've diagnosed the located the problem in the space of a couple of hours.
What would you do without this forum, hmm? :beer chug:

Luke52

Reaction score
Members Ride
'07 VZ Acclaim wagon.
Part number for a coil is CC397 (Fuelmiser brand) and expect to pay around 100 bucks retail. But if you ask nicely enough, I'm sure they might be able to do a bit better where ever you shop.

VZ_commo91

Reaction score
Members Ride
"Safety tools"!? Prey tell, what?
Do you mean the filter box cover with pipe etc attached?
You've diagnosed the located the problem in the space of a couple of hours.
What would you do without this forum, hmm? :beer chug:

I <3 you guys :wub: lol

VZ_commo91

Reaction score
Members Ride
Strapped for cash, will have to ring the wreckers and see the price on them, Otherwise will have to buy one I found on ebay for $70 including postage.