Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help please glove box!!!!!

paynetrainvy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy executive s2
please help i was cleaning my car and i noticed the the glove box wasnt level so i just tried to adjust it and i BROKE IT!!!! my glove box is no hanging from one arm, its sat arvo and holden isnt open so im wondering if anyone know how much im looking at for a new glove box and is it hard to put a new one in cause if its easy ill do it myself im just wondering if anyone has any information at all, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Archers

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve Calais V 6ltr
just two clips for the glove box takes 5 sec to take it off open it and pull it down and it will come off

eroled

VY SS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
My vy did the same thing im after 1 of the clips in the back of the glove box if anyone can help me out or send me in the right direction to a wreaker that will have one in the Gold Coast area. I"d hate to think what Holden want for one.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
My vy did the same thing im after 1 of the clips in the back of the glove box if anyone can help me out or send me in the right direction to a wreaker that will have one in the Gold Coast area. I"d hate to think what Holden want for one.

They are only a couple of bucks or so each. I replaced mine last week after breaking one. It was interesting to see that the new one, which was coloured in a light grey plastic, was actually different to the original black one, so I replaced both. If I had only replaced the broken one, it could have meant the glovebox would be out of alignment, as the new clip was deeper than the original.

gregiem

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sv6
My wife broke mine by stuffing in a huge hand bag and trying to close it. Cost $5.00 at Holden for a pack of two, very easy to replace.

eroled

VY SS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Sweet as i was expecting to pay $25 - $50 for the pair of these stupid clips, $5 - $10 is all i wanted to pay. cheers for the help:thumbsup:

eroled

VY SS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
I went to Holden today and brought 2 clips ,it cost me a hole $6 . :D

eroled

VY SS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
I put the new clips in today and now the glove box wont open / close nicely and to close it ya have to slam it did this happen to anyone else. cheers Phil

pr0n

It's A Me ' MARIO '
Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY II S V6
you could also heat it up with a heat gun and bend it back into place