Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

help please guys

fordsuck

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commodore
I have removed the front 4 studs, but the 2 studs near the auto can't be accessed. I will give the the 2 nut idea a try, but i don't no if the stud is long enough.

fordsuck

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commodore
well the studs are to short to get 2 nuts on, any other ideas?

stockyvrcalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ UTE
hi, mate i ran into this very same problem a few weeks ago, and the only way i could figure out what to do was to drop the steering rack, but what i did instead was i just slid the auto out with the converter still bolted onto the flywheel, (i just wanted to keep the auto as a spare), i know what your saying i couldnt for the life of me work out what the f@%# was going on!

maldotcom2

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cammed mafless VS Calais 5-speed.
I did this yesterday. If you don't have your gearbox jack at just the right height the splines on the input shaft won't slide out from the torque converter. If you can, slide the transmission back a few cm, then use a spanner to unbolt the torque converter from the flex plate, 3 bolts, use a big socket on the crank shaft pulley bolt to turn it around to access all 3. Also use a socket and breaker bar to lock the crankshaft against the chassis rail so you can undo the bolts without the transmission spinning.

fordsuck

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commodore
your right guys, spoke to ortos autos yesterday & they said move the rack. Have done this & cover is off at last!!!!!! The next battle is to get the convertor/flywheel bolts off. I have tried using a ring spanner but it slips off the bolt head as it is so thin, any advice?

fordsuck

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commodore
hi all again, the flywheel/convertor bolts seem to be super tight. stupid question are they
right hand threads???????

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
yeah they undo the normal way anti-clockwise

fordsuck

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commodore
thanks for the quick response, time to try undo the f*#ks again!!!!!!!!!!!!

fordsuck

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commodore
Convertor/flexplate bolts out at last!!!! next problem a puddle of engine oil under the convertor this morning , i think the rear main oil seal is stuffed.