Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help please guys

ESV04

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr commodore
I have a vr commodore. 3.8l buick. He
Have replaced alternator, starter, coils, ignition barrel, battery. It just wont crank. When you turn key all lights come on like normal but when you turn it to start nothing. I have noticed there is no power signal getting too starter from ignition. Have checked all fuses and relays all ok. Need help to grt it started.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Neutral switch most likely. Try bridging the relay and see if it cranks. If it does swap a relay from inside the same box and try the key again. If that then doesn't work it will be the neutral switch. See if you have reverse lights too as that is a pretty good indication quite often when the NSS is playing up.

Utel67

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs s3 ute
Pull the starter relay out turn the ignition on, and bridge the 87 & 30 wiring on the relay plug with a paper clip or wire, the numbers are on the bottom of relay.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
When you turn the key the keyhead supplies a signal via the pickup around the slot for the key on the steering column.If it gets a weak or wrong signal or bad contact ,the bcm wont supply the starter relay a earth and you get nothing when you turn the key...could be something there if your main battery is good and the gearstick is in park or neutral.