Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Help please i am a victim of the cross 8

veight man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Berlina
LOL, Puts a light on when you're sitting on the side of the road free reving... That's almost as useful as the oil pressure light in a HQ....

well apparently fella he seems to be right because a couple of the mechanics said they cant understand why the engine light hasnt come up, and they tell me (over the phone) that if the transmission is kaput. something about the valvetrain will give the sensors no choice but to bring up the engine light in the dash....i dont know fella...F%$#in electronic ****...thats all i have to say

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
Yeah well, the oil pressure light came on in the HQ when your engine spat a rod... SO same difference I guess.

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
Yeah, sitting on the side of the road with your head in your hands and then all off a sudden out of the silence *bing bing bing bing*... Haven't had a con rod for the last 20mins...

bloodyricho

Bloody Richo
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr V6 Equipe (hare) and VE SV6 (tortise)
yeah some of holdens " warning lights " should have a pic of a skull n crossbones and instead of bing bing bing they should chime whaa whaa whaaaaaaaaa! lol

db_notso

diagnostic technician...
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt v6, mods(susp brakesetc...)
:rofl: thats pretty much it with auto faults in c'dores!~

benno9911

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY S2 Exec
the oil light never came on when my oil pick up got blocked in my vr but it came on when the top bearing spun on to the bottom one and sized the whole moter at 70kmh

veight man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Berlina
the oil light never came on when my oil pick up got blocked in my vr but it came on when the top bearing spun on to the bottom one and sized the whole moter at 70kmh

im starting to think that it may need fresh oil...well im hoping thats all it needs...i do remember having a auto failure in my ford fairlane ghia and when the auto was farked...the engine light would show...but the cross 8 isnt going through any of the signs i was having with the ford...so cross fingers thats its just a matter of fluids and dont need a new tranny

veight man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Berlina
Yeah well, the oil pressure light came on in the HQ when your engine spat a rod... SO same difference I guess.

**** i'd trade ya for your hq for my crewman....old school holdens were so much easier to figure out than all the EFI full electric options **** these days...when it comes to EFI cars i just get so confused and just dont bother touching anything...miss the carbies